Join us as we inspire and support tourism
• 100+ program partners across Canada
• 40+ “Spark” Programs delivered
• 5 Indigenous tourism programs launched
• 450+ “Spark” applications received
• 40+ pitch sessions held (in person and virtual)
• 150+ review jurors and pitch session judge panel volunteers
• 100+ “Spark” winners in BC & Ontario received mentorships & grants
• 100+ volunteer mentors recruited and matched
• 4 Digital Shift Virtual Workshops
• 2 Tourism Innovators Roundtables
Watch these videos to see why we do what we do!
Be inspired! Curveball Creative developed and launched a new projection art experience called "Love Text" in London.
Be inspired! Fields of Gold is a new agritourism destination in SDG Counties.
Be inspired! Simper's Fishing Charters is developing new Indigenous tourism experiences in Caldwell First Nation,
Be Inspired! iSUP Saugeen launched a mobile surf shop, water safety awareness programs and on-water experiences.
Be inspired! The Downtown Wallaceburg BIA is developing a new kayak experience called Whimsies Paddle Adventures.
About the Tourism Innovation Lab:
The Tourism Innovation Lab is a non-profit initiative created to find, foster and support new tourism ideas, experiences and partnerships, to cultivate and propel collaborations between the tourism and tech sectors, and to build a community of tourism innovators, idea makers and entrepreneurs in Canada. First launched in 2018, the Lab and its "Spark" Mentorships & Grants Program are now offered across British Columbia and Ontario.
The Tourism Innovation Lab is a program of Hackforge and is based in Windsor, ON and Squamish, BC.
Interested in launching the "Spark" Program in your region?
Interested in being a mentor and supporting innovators and new tourism initiatives?
Please contact Justin Lafontaine, Program Lead at email@example.com or 416-712-8819 for more information.
Updates from the Lab:
Read our September 2023 Newsletter
Learn more about the Tourism Innovation Lab